Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm not the kinda girl you give flowers to...

...I'm the kinda girl ya give chlamydia to. Now mind you I'm not saying I'm running around with STD's but I've always felt like I'm a toss around kinda girl. Never by choice just a product of how the men in my life have always treated me so in turn I came up with this saying as a humorous defense mechanism for coping with life. Flowers may seem like a silly thing to some girls and in reality as much as I like em I've never measured a relationship by them. I'm not that high maintenance girl who needs them all the time but I would really love them just once. All my wildest romantic fantasies involve flowers. I want them to be sent to me or for my guy to show up on the doorstep with them in hand. I want to blush and gush over them and say you shouldn't have even if we both know you needed to. The closest I've ever gotten to flowers was a few years back. I had met this guy online. He had pursued me relentlessly even though I wasn't interested at first. He wasn't my type and I wasn't physically attracted but the more we talked the more our attraction grew. Finally the weekend came when we were set to meet. Full of nerves I got rest for his arrival. Fifteen minutes before he it was time for him to be here he texted me asking what my favorite flowers were. I was ecstatic...until an hour past and then another with no word. He finally called saying he had run into some old friends at the store and went to their house for a beer. I was fuming but tried to be understanding. Hours and hours passed with no word. Finally I received a text telling me he had actually run into his ex-girlfriend and they had hooked up and he was madly in love with her again. The only question I really had was where were my flowers? Did she get em? Did he buy them even or was she just too distracting? All in all I'm still waiting for that first guy to give me flowers...I really thought by now someone would have done it just to be sweet and break my bad luck. Sadly no. Hopefully it comes sooner than later. A lot of men have promised or joked. None have come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment