Sunday, August 15, 2010

Procrastination is a bitch...but then again so am I

So I have been meaning to start a blogspot for quite sometime. Everyone has always told me I should write a book about my life and all of the crazy things that seem to only happen to me in regards to the dating world, but my ADD and lack of direction is stopping me. So instead y'all get this blog. I'm hoping I can write about current dating woes and lessons as well as write up the occasional past story that has earned notoriety among my friends. Hopefully I can recount "come to Jesus now suck...", "I can't see you at night anymore I found Jesus", the boy who ran into his ex while buying me flowers, my 22nd bday "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be right back" and many more horrifying stories. Some will be funny, some are heartbreaking like the story of John or Kyle, some are life changing and others are just small bumps on the map. Maybe one day I'll get lucky and this dating blog will turn into something like Autumn Meyer's and be an amazing story about motherhood and marriage, but for now I'll share the woes of single with all my settled friends.

BTW, I should be sleeping right now seeing as I have an insane work week ahead that will no doubt kill me, but I actually happen to have a boy on the brain. I'm a hopeless romantic who thinks fate is a big deal. Everything happens for a reason (even all these horrible dating mix-ups that happen to me). So...when I first moved home from Ellensburg I took a job at a marketing firm in Bellevue where I went around to different companies selling coupons. Horrible job, except for these fabulous days I spent with the amazing employees at Community Transit in Everett. I've thought back to this day frequently, but only because I remembered a sweet lady who I promised to have coffee with and neglected to do so before moving to Olympia and back. Well today I was on Plenty of Fish (yes I internet date...even craigslist...it's hard out there for a single girl with my luck) and a handsome black man with one very vague picture sent me an email. His profile was awesome so we started instant messaging. When he told me he working at the Community Transit we began a discussion about my time selling coupon deals there. He said he remembered me and that he said hi, but I was shy. I was sure he was remembering the wrong girl seeing as shy isn't in my vocabulary. He then said he remembered another girl who had talked to him for awhile as he was stuck on light duty and she had shamelessly tried to convince him to buy a mexico vacation package and take her with him. Needless to say that girl was me. We ended up exchanging numbers and talked on the phone for an hour plus before finishing the night texting. It's funny how timing works. I was a different woman than. I hadn't been through my incident (a posting all of itself to come when my mind is right) and I was far from knowing what I wanted or truly deserved. He said the same thing in terms of being in a different mind set then than he is today. I'm curious to see what will come of it. Might make for more eciting dating postings.

I am dating though. It's healthy and I like boys. My options are open. So those of you I'm crushing on if you're reading don't think you're safely outta my gaze yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment