Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Definition Of Insanity

Is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Note to Self- I know better. So grow the fuck up and stop being stupid.

My post about being the other woman was stupid. Me thinking that I shouldn't listen to my gut and run, run, run away when I was told there was someone else was stupid.

I want a man who is there for me. Only me. Someone who loves and respects me. Someone who gives me all the things I deserve, regardless of my bad past and someone who doesn't hold it against me. I need someone who doesn't require me to give too much of myself all while hoping that it will lead me to their love. Even if it's as simple as not having to put on sky high heels that make my feet hurt and make me feel awkward just because he likes them.

Even when I forget who I am or I forget how much I have to offer a man, I shouldn't take the first thing that comes along or pays me attention.

Everyone says you find the one when you aren't looking, but no matter what I may tell myself I'm always looking. We go out seven nights a week. Not because I love going out, love drinking or because I say I'm networking, but because if we go out seven nights a week I have a bigger chance of meeting someone.

I spend hours and dollars I don't have getting pretty. I wore and returned my first outfit this last week because I needed a dress to impress a boy. Eighty bucks later it didn't work and I did something I think is sooooo wrong and returned it.

Time to focus on me. No men with women. No matter how sensual they make me feel while touching me softly in all the right places on a deserted stage...ugh. Ugh on me for wanting to be back there on that stage. Time to make changes. Whether I do or don't y'all know I'll still have plenty of things to blog about. Fingers crossed my loves.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should get a puppy. A puppy will always love you. It will never care how terrible a person you are. It will still give you love and licks and little piles of doo doo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In troubled times we must turn to the only truth mankind has ever known, the word of God. Remember what Isaiah said when people of Israel lamented the drought:

    Tho I keep searching for an answer, I never seem to find what I'm looking for. Oh Lord, I pray. You give me strength to carry on, for I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams.

    -- Isaiah 6:14

    ReplyDelete